Chicago, Illinois
1K views 4 comments
100% full Not resolved

American Muscle Car in Crystal Lake, run by 'Thomas' is the biggest crook you will ever meet. My father had a comsignment comtract with him that started 11-10-14, my father passed away 12-7-14 and Thomas had originally said, "no issue breaking the contract" when I went in there to get my dads car he sang another tune. He said it cost him hundreds to advertise and gave me a made up, written in pen "bill" and refused to release the car to me, for $315. I assured him the estate would take care of it. I even had to call police. After they arrived the cop actually went in to 'haggle' a price with him and Thomas ended up lowering the amount to $300. My dads car(a 1967 satellite that my dad restored) was outside, filthy. It had water and dirt marks, was parked under a roof over hang with no gutters. There was no gas, zero, way below e ( on a cold January day). The tire pressure was low and his buddy, Ron romped on the gas pedal as he tried to get it started (with no gas).

His remarks to me were

" I have a contract" - even though the contract is null and void at this point and he couldnt sell the car regardless of his contract with my dad.

When I originally called and asked to meet with him he Said " Im all booked up today"

He had me wait for 15 mins when I did get there to finish eating his McDonald's

He said " if We let everyone break a contract, miss, we would be broke"

After I assured him the estate would give him the 'loss in advertisement' he requested he said "I dont have time for that, pay me my money"

The 'bill' he presented me with was about 6 websites that were copy and pasted, written next to each site in pen were his "expenses" - totaling $315. And he would only take cash. And did not even have a receipt to give me. He wouldn't even give me his last name(not even provided on his business cards)

This crook has numerous other bad reviews and 7 pending claims with the BBB.

Reason of review: Unprofessional Crooks.

Had an Experience with American Muscle Cars?

Comments

groundpounder
Owings Mills, Maryland, United States #1003071

hes a ***.bought a 71 camaro on "his word" evrything was true.

motor was shot, no brakes, advertised as a 350( which i planned to bore) . and he owes me couple k. or im driving 8 hours to figure it out. liar.

dishonest.