American Muscle Cars - Car dealer takes advantage
American Muscle Car in Crystal Lake, run by 'Thomas' is the biggest crook you will ever meet. My father had a comsignment comtract with him that started 11-10-14, my father passed away 12-7-14 and Thomas had originally said, "no issue breaking the contract" when I went in there to get my dads car he sang another tune. He said it cost him hundreds to advertise and gave me a made up, written in pen "bill" and refused to release the car to me, for $315. I assured him the estate would take care of it. I even had to call police. After they arrived the cop actually went in to 'haggle' a price with him and Thomas ended up lowering the amount to $300. My dads car(a 1967 satellite that my dad restored) was outside, filthy. It had water and dirt marks, was parked under a roof over hang with no gutters. There was no gas, zero, way below e ( on a cold January day). The tire pressure was low and his buddy, Ron romped on the gas pedal as he tried to get it started (with no gas).
His remarks to me were
" I have a contract" - even though the contract is null and void at this point and he couldnt sell the car regardless of his contract with my dad.
When I originally called and asked to meet with him he Said " Im all booked up today"
He had me wait for 15 mins when I did get there to finish eating his McDonald's
He said " if We let everyone break a contract, miss, we would be broke"
After I assured him the estate would give him the 'loss in advertisement' he requested he said "I dont have time for that, pay me my money"
The 'bill' he presented me with was about 6 websites that were copy and pasted, written next to each site in pen were his "expenses" - totaling $315. And he would only take cash. And did not even have a receipt to give me. He wouldn't even give me his last name(not even provided on his business cards)
This crook has numerous other bad reviews and 7 pending claims with the BBB.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Unprofessional Crooks
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Wow...I really don't know where to begin with the nightmare that you both have put us through, so I'll start at the beginning. January 10, 2014 we ordered a 2014 Forest..."
- "Well, when many people told me not to buy a Volkswagen, I simply ignored them and thought, "they are a ford/Chevy die hard fan, what do they know?" Turns out,..."
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "I was first approached by the "manager"; and eager youth who sold me on her ability to manage a paint crew. I have an 1800's victorian home so it was..."
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "Purchased a tub several months ago after requesting more information from their website. Sales rep came out and helped us figure out where to place the tub and which one..."
- "I ordered a miu miu shoes online, they came the wrong size so I went to the store itself to exchange them...they did not have them in their inventory. So..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "This website market's as an Australian website but it's managed by Systematic Trade Ltd in the U.K. No contact information or clear disclosure. They have 4 consistent "winners' who I..."