American Muscle Cars - Car dealer takes advantage
American Muscle Car in Crystal Lake, run by 'Thomas' is the biggest crook you will ever meet. My father had a comsignment comtract with him that started 11-10-14, my father passed away 12-7-14 and Thomas had originally said, "no issue breaking the contract" when I went in there to get my dads car he sang another tune. He said it cost him hundreds to advertise and gave me a made up, written in pen "bill" and refused to release the car to me, for $315. I assured him the estate would take care of it. I even had to call police. After they arrived the cop actually went in to 'haggle' a price with him and Thomas ended up lowering the amount to $300. My dads car(a 1967 satellite that my dad restored) was outside, filthy. It had water and dirt marks, was parked under a roof over hang with no gutters. There was no gas, zero, way below e ( on a cold January day). The tire pressure was low and his buddy, Ron romped on the gas pedal as he tried to get it started (with no gas).
His remarks to me were
" I have a contract" - even though the contract is null and void at this point and he couldnt sell the car regardless of his contract with my dad.
When I originally called and asked to meet with him he Said " Im all booked up today"
He had me wait for 15 mins when I did get there to finish eating his McDonald's
He said " if We let everyone break a contract, miss, we would be broke"
After I assured him the estate would give him the 'loss in advertisement' he requested he said "I dont have time for that, pay me my money"
The 'bill' he presented me with was about 6 websites that were copy and pasted, written next to each site in pen were his "expenses" - totaling $315. And he would only take cash. And did not even have a receipt to give me. He wouldn't even give me his last name(not even provided on his business cards)
This crook has numerous other bad reviews and 7 pending claims with the BBB.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Unprofessional Crooks
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "In 2013 we bought a new 2014 Model Salem destination trailer built by Forest River from Fun-N-Sun in Ludington, Michigan. The first season we had these issues covered by..."
- "I have a 2011 Keystone Springdale 29 RLS travel trailer and found corrosion holes about 2 inches from the roof and about 2 feet from the front of..."
- "Bob promises you the "Nicest Restored TDI on the planet!" from this hokey shop in Bellingham staffed by kids and amateurs. Six months after the initial payment for a..."
- "Bought a brand new generator tested it and the engine ran fine unfortunately I didn't think to check power output. When the latest storms hit my area I found the..."
- "I am extremely disappointed and furious to have been scammed by this company THE DEAL EMPIRE at the value of $66.80 for the purchase of Body Shaper panties and Slim..."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."
- "I bought what I thought was an authentic Chanel purse & I received a knock off. I was insulted that the *** shop owner from 2HAUTE2HANDLE thought they could slip..."
- "Ordered hair form Guangzhou Modern show Hair Products Co.,Ltd company off Aliexpress.com, This company sold me Malaysian Virgin Hair Curly 16,18,20,22. The hair was fine for a weekend then it..."
- "The flowers were NOT as described or looked like the picture on Telefora's website. They offered a 20% discount. What an insult. I asked for a complete refund and/or to..."